How do I subscribe to server status updates?
We have introduced a fantastic feature that’s hosted with another company to provide our customers a live overview of our current system status.
You may have received an email from us with a link to the following page:
Clicking this will bring up a page like below:
The above information was taken at 3:28 PM EST, should any part of those systems be exhibiting signs of degraded performance the Operational Status will change to Degraded Performance. Subsequently if it’s hard down and/or not working at all we will post a notice saying Complete Outage, similar to the below screenshot:
When we announced this feature of our service to you we did indicate to set up notifications on a secondary email account, which just means if you’re responsible for reporting issues or calling in questions/concerns about your account with us you would use something that isn’t hosted with us, i.e. a Gmail account, if your organization has the email account that is usually setup by default by your Internet Service Provider (i.e. bellnet.ca, eastlink.ns.ca, etc) you can use that to receive the notification.
So if my connection were provided through Cogeco Cable in Ontario, and I knew I had email@example.com setup through them (not a real account as we’re not on Cogeco here!) then I would subscribe to the alerts with this account.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Open http://status.cloud.webpal.net in your browser of choice (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari (Mac), etc.)
2) In the top right click the blue button labelled SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES:
3) A small window will appear under the button that asks for your email address fill that in with the correct email address:
4) Click SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
5) So long as you entered a valid email address you will see this message at the top of the page:
That’s it! You will receive a confirmation email but you don’t have to do anything with it, just keep it for your records if you like.